Are you passionate about technology? Are you interested in an exciting position in a growing medium-sized business? You now have a unique opportunity to work for a family-oriented global organization who develops its own state-of-the-art products.
Chris-Marine develops, produces, and sells precision tools and machines used when monitoring and overhauling marine diesel and gas engines in merchant vessels and IC engine power plants. The main office is in Malmö, Sweden, with production units in Copenhagen, Hamburg, and Malmö. Chris-Marine is a market leader that operates globally through sales and service teams, subsidiaries, and sales representatives. Engine designers, engine builders, ship owners, power plant owners, service workshops and shipyards are our customers. We currently have 110 employees and a turnover of 25 MUSD.
About the position
As Service Technician you will closely work with our global Service Team. You will be part of Chris-Marine USA, LLC based in Pompano Beach, Florida, but spend a lot of your time at customer sites; our workshops, on ships, in power plants and at shipyards, all over Americas (USA, Caribbean, Central and South America).
You will learn how to use, service, and repair our tools. When meeting customers, you capture their needs, some of which are used for generating new products and services. You interact with our product development engineers and thereby actively contribute to turning good ideas into products and services.
About our products and services
Learn more about us by visiting www.chris-marine.com where you can also find a lot of other information.
More emphasis will be put on your personal features and experience than on your formal education. The position involves interacting with people, both internally and externally, and it is important that you like to listen, learn, and act.
– You speak and write English fluently and are computer literate (able to produce reports, manage emails and others in a computer). Other language skills (Spanish, Portuguese, etc.) are meriting.
– You have 5+ years of practical experience on cutting and/or grinding and/or hydraulic / pneumatic tools and/or equipment installations, diesel/gas engine overhaul experience (medium/low speed experience is a plus).
– Experience using Chris-Marine, Obel-P, LEMAG tools is meriting, as is experience from making electrical installations.
– You live in Southern Florida or are willing to relocate. Relocation assistance will be available for the right candidate.
– You have a valid Driver’s License and valid US Passport or Work Visa.
– You have or have the ability to obtain a TWIC card and other required certifications (HUET, etc.).
– Willingness to travel and work overnight and weekends whenever needed.
– Must be able to operate a forklift and carry on other duties as required in support of the overall operation.
Salary and benefits
For the right candidate, our company offers competitive pay, flexible work hours when working at the main shop, health insurance with dental coverage for the individual, overtime pay, 401K with company contribution, and other benefits to be discussed during the interview period.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Chris-Marine USA, LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All aspects of consideration for employment and employment with the Company are governed based on competence and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. Therefore, we encourage all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities to apply.
How to apply
Please apply through email to: email@example.com
At Chris-Marine we develop, produce and sell precision tools and machines used when monitoring and overhauling marine diesel and gas engines in merchant vessels and IC engine power plants. The main office is located in Malmö with production units in Hamburg (Germany), Brøndby (Denmark) and Malmö (Sweden). We operate globally through sales and service teams, subsidiaries and sales representatives. Engine designers, engine builders, ship owners, power plants, service workshops and ship yards are our customers. We currently have ~110 employees and a turnover of ~20 mEUR.
As service technician you will be part of our Technical Support and Aftersales (TSA) team and closely linked to our product development and regional sales teams.
You will have the opportunity to combine work in outdoor services with indoor product development.
Your workplace is in Malmö, but you spend a lot of your time at our customer’s sites; in marine workshops, on ships, in power plants and at ship yards all over the world.
You will learn how to use, service and repair our tools.
When meeting customers, you capture their needs, some of which are used for or improving our product and service offers.
You interact with our product development and sales engineers and thereby actively contribute to turning good ideas into products and services.
Learn more about us by visiting www.chris-marine.com
More emphasis will be put on your personal features and experience than on your formal education. The
position involves interacting with people, both internally and externally, and it is important that you like to listen, learn and act.
• Your motto is to get the job done and you always strive to exceed customer expectations in doing so.
• You speak and write English and a Scandinavian language. Other language skills are meriting.
• Experience from using Chris-Marine, Obel-P and LEMAG tools is meriting, as is experience from making electrical installations.
The position includes regular business trips to our customers and subsidiaries – in the beginning for training and soon thereafter to carry out services. We estimate the annual travelling to ~80 days.
Please apply through email to Gustaf Sanderberg: firstname.lastname@example.org
We will interview candidates continually but look forward to receiving your application no later than April 1, 2022.