Are you passionate about technology? Are you interested in an exciting position in a growing medium-sized business? You now have a unique opportunity to work for a family-oriented global organization who develops its own state-of-the-art products.
Chris-Marine develops, produces, and sells precision tools and machines used when monitoring and overhauling marine diesel and gas engines in merchant vessels and IC engine power plants. The main office is in Malmö, Sweden, with production units in Copenhagen, Hamburg, and Malmö. Chris-Marine is a market leader that operates globally through sales and service teams, subsidiaries, and sales representatives. Engine designers, engine builders, ship owners, power plant owners, service workshops and shipyards are our customers. We currently have 110 employees and a turnover of 25 MUSD.
About the position
As Service Technician you will closely work with our global Service Team. You will be part of Chris-Marine USA, LLC based in Pompano Beach, Florida, but spend a lot of your time at customer sites; our workshops, on ships, in power plants and at shipyards, all over Americas (USA, Caribbean, Central and South America).
You will learn how to use, service, and repair our tools. When meeting customers, you capture their needs, some of which are used for generating new products and services. You interact with our product development engineers and thereby actively contribute to turning good ideas into products and services.
About our products and services
Learn more about us by visiting www.chris-marine.com where you can also find a lot of other information.
More emphasis will be put on your personal features and experience than on your formal education. The position involves interacting with people, both internally and externally, and it is important that you like to listen, learn, and act.
– You speak and write English fluently and are computer literate (able to produce reports, manage emails and others in a computer). Other language skills (Spanish, Portuguese, etc.) are meriting.
– You have 5+ years of practical experience on cutting and/or grinding and/or hydraulic / pneumatic tools and/or equipment installations, diesel/gas engine overhaul experience (medium/low speed experience is a plus).
– Experience using Chris-Marine, Obel-P, LEMAG tools is meriting, as is experience from making electrical installations.
– You live in Southern Florida or are willing to relocate. Relocation assistance will be available for the right candidate.
– You have a valid Driver’s License and valid US Passport or Work Visa.
– You have or have the ability to obtain a TWIC card and other required certifications (HUET, etc.).
– Willingness to travel and work overnight and weekends whenever needed.
– Must be able to operate a forklift and carry on other duties as required in support of the overall operation.
Salary and benefits
For the right candidate, our company offers competitive pay, flexible work hours when working at the main shop, health insurance with dental coverage for the individual, overtime pay, 401K with company contribution, and other benefits to be discussed during the interview period.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Chris-Marine USA, LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All aspects of consideration for employment and employment with the Company are governed based on competence and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. Therefore, we encourage all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities to apply.
How to apply
Please apply through email to: email@example.com